About This Course
Operating systems (OS) is the most important part of a computer system. Computers are only mechanical computing machines without an OS. An OS helps to orchestra operations between computer's services and softwares; share precious computing recourses and provides interfaces between softwares and hardwares. The understanding on OS is sure a must-be knowledge, and skills on using OS shells would help much on your work as an IT engineer.
In the modern world, isolated computers are not enough for working. This computer world now is connected every things from computers to mobile devices or even consuming things like a fridge. A better connected world makes better communication between machines and release people from routine tasks. The second part of this course would provide knowledge all about computer network from core protocols to security problems. Additionally, you can set up yourself a simulated network to test all aspects of a computer network.
Module 1: Introduction to Operating Systems
- Part 1: Introduction
- Part 2: Process and Thread Management
- Part 3: Resource Management and Communication
- Part 4: Distributed Systems
Module 2: Computer Networking
- Architecture & Principles
- Naming, Addressing & Forwarding
- Router Design Basics
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- Congestion Control & Streaming
- Rate Limiting and Traffic Shaping
- Content Distribution
- Software Defined Networking
- Traffic Engineering
- Network Security
- Internet Worms
- Denial of Service (DoS) Attacks
Add information about the skills and knowledge students need to take this course.
Ngo Hai Anh
- He is currently the Deputy Director of the Department of Information Technology at the Institute of Information Technology (Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology)
- With 10 years of experience joining the ITPEC IT Certification Examination Board, including IP, FE, SW, AP, he is one of the Board members contributing a lot. The most active one among the ITPEC members
- Master in Data Communications and Computer Networking at Hanoi University of Technology and a BA in Mathematics and Statistics from National Economics University.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/haianh.ioit
Below is the list of all free massive open online learning sources (MOOC) used for this course by FUNiX: Udacity .
All open learning sources used in FUNiX training program are public, constantly updated and freely used. FUNiX is always willing to receive and discuss any comments, suggestions and responses related to our learning sources via email email@example.com.